Thursday 1 September 2011

Edem's story

Name: Edem Amadzor
Age: 30
Location: Accra Newtown


What´s your motivation to volunteer for community development?
The abject poverty I see around me and the lack of government concern for the poor.

What do you think is the biggest problem in your community?

Unemployment, because of lack of education and ignorance. The unemployment makes people dependent on their parents and our relatives at a very advanced age. This decreases a persons confidence and self esteem.

How do you think the problem can be solved?

We have to stop looking to the government to create jobs. We have to be innovative and creative and come together as a group to share our concerns and grievances.

How do you want to contribute to solve the problem?

I am one of the very lucky people who has advanced in education. So I will use my knowledge to educate these at the lower level to show them that they can get to that higher level. I want to be a role model.

No comments:

Post a Comment